Connect with us

The British royal family’s account on Instagram published a picture in which Queen Elizabeth II appeared with a new hairstyle that sparked comments from followers.
In the photo posted on the royal family’s official Instagram page, the Queen appeared with a short hairdo as she greeted Margaret Beasley, Governor of New South Wales, at Windsor Castle, England.

Followers were curious about the change in the queen’s hairstyle, which she has maintained for many years, with one social media user writing: “The Queen looks great! Her new summer hairdo looks perfect,” and another expressed his admiration for the new hairstyle, saying, “I love the hairstyle.” Your new hair, Your Majesty.”
On Sunday, June 5, Britain concluded its celebrations of the seventieth anniversary of the accession of Elizabeth II to the throne of the country with a huge display in the streets of London.
The show ended in front of the royal palace with the national anthem of the United Kingdom, “God bless the Queen,” according to the agency, “Agence France Presse.”
Many participants in the four-day platinum jubilee celebrations know that the occasion may be one of the last times they see the Queen quietly preparing to succeed her while her son Prince Charles, 73, often represents her.

Entertainment

Anne Heche ‘peacefully taken off life support’ after death announcement

Anne Heche has been taken off life support, a family representative said, following the announcement of her death on Friday.

Heche, 53, had been severely injured in a single-vehicle car crash on 5 August, and had suffered a “severe anoxic brain injury”. Her “brain death” was confirmed on Friday, meeting a legal definition of death in California, but it is understood life support was maintained to facilitate organ donation. A family representative said she had been “peacefully taken off life support” on Sunday.

Her family had previously made a statement, which said: “We have lost a bright light, a kind and most joyful soul, a loving mother and a loyal friend. Anne will be deeply missed but she lives on through her beautiful sons, her iconic body of work, and her passionate advocacy. Her bravery for always standing in her truth, spreading her message of love and acceptance, will continue to have a lasting impact.”

 

SOURCE: NEWS AGENCIES

Continue Reading

art

Britney Spears’ ex-husband convicted of crashing her wedding

A man once briefly married to Britney Spears has been convicted of aggravated trespassing and battery after appearing uninvited at the pop star’s wedding in June.

Jason Alexander, 40, pleaded no contest to two misdemeanour counts in a California court, prosecutors in Ventura County said.

Spears married Sam Asghari at her home in Thousand Oaks, California, on 9 June. The wedding guests included Selena Gomez, Drew Barrymore, Paris Hilton and Madonna.

Alexander, a childhood friend of Spears to whom she was married for less than three days in 2004, appeared uninvited at the house before the ceremony while livestreaming on Instagram.

He entered the house and went up to the locked door of Spears’ bedroom while she was inside getting ready for the wedding, according to testimony at a preliminary hearing.

Continue Reading

Entertainment

Comedy legend Steve Martin says he’s done with acting

Comedy veteran Steve Martin has had a storied career spanning more than six decades, but he might be getting ready to say goodbye to Hollywood.

In a recent interview, Planes, Trains and Automobiles (1987) and Father of the Bride (1991 to 1995) actor said that his current television show, Only Murders In The Building (2021 to present), might be his last major show business project.

“When this television show is done, I’m not going to seek others. I’m not going to seek other movies. I don’t want to do cameos. This is, weirdly, it,” he said.

Martin, 77, also admitted that he was surprised by the sudden revival of his career with the hit Disney+ mystery-comedy, which also stars Selena Gomez and frequent collaborator Martin Short.

In recent years, he has put his film and stand-up days firmly behind him, instead focusing on his live show with Short as well as his writing career, he has published 11 books so far, with a 12th one on the way.

“Go into theaters with a comedy movie starring me? It’s got failure written all over it,” he joked.

He does have one more project in the works; a documentary for the AppleTV+ streaming service about his time in Hollywood. The two-part film will be directed by Academy Award-winning film-maker Morgan Neville, whose resume includes the critically-acclaimed 2018 documentary Won’t You Be My Neighbor, about American television host Fred Rogers.

Martin admitted his plan to wind down might not come to fruition as soon as he expects.

“My wife keeps saying, ‘You always say you’re going to retire and then you always come up with something. I’m really not interested in retiring. I’m not. But I would just work a little less. Maybe.”

 

SOURCE: NEWS AGENCIES

Continue Reading

Trending